Friday, January 28, 2011

Funny thing about Amsterdam...

Well, went to the Rembrandthuis Museum today; amazing & beautiful. Couldn't take pictures so you'll have to check it out on your own...online. It was very interesting. Saw probably 50-60 original etchings that he'd done & several beautiful paintings. What I learned was that Rembrandt was fascinated with the stories of the Old Testament & so many of his paintings are of stories from this extremely interesting part of scripture. They were all beautiful!

On the way home I stopped at the grocery...of course. (this is almost an everyday occurance) Thought I'd share some of my discoveries & mistakes with you. Since I don't read Dutch, I have to rely on pictures...if there are any. But things like meat & cheese all look basically the same. So...it's been very intresting shopping for dinner. Thank goodness they have peanut butter & jelly!!! Also, they have lots of wine & cheese so I don't think we'll starve! For instance, as you'll see below...some things are very clear what they are...(available only in 1kg bag (which is probably about a pound).


Others aren't quite as clear...
So you see my dilema. Hopefully I purchased vanilla ... smells like vanilla but we'll see when I make cookies!! And I finally found some brownie mixes...very few prepared foods here! Which I suppose will be better for us in the end.

Anywho...just thought I'd share! Have a great day!
Oh, by the way...The Weakest Link is an every day occurance here!!! Yes, I know you're terribly jealous but I can watch it every day!!!! :<))

2 comments:

  1. love the weakest link!! you ARE the weakest link...goodbye! I remember owen used to always say that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss that crazy lady. I always thought she looked like Jo crill!

    ReplyDelete