Friday, January 28, 2011

Here I am...now what?!?!

Well, I've been in Amsterdam a little over a week now. This is a beautiful city that I, before now, had only visited for a few days. I've traveled a little over Europe but only, again, for a few days at a time. I find that a week or so is about the limit to what I can comfortably be away from my family. So...here I am; now what?!

I came here with my husband who is opening a new branch of the company he works for in Minnesota. We left behind an amazing family of 3 awesome kids, 3 wonderful grandsons, 1 totally awesome son-in-law & 1 almost son-in-law (who's pretty awesome too). Also a job that I loved (actually a dream job), tons of friends & a great church family. So, know you know a little bit about why I struggled with this decision. But, it is a chance of a lifetime! To live in Europe & see things most people will never have the chance to see! Yes, I love to travel but I'm a homebody at heart.

So this blog is at the urging of my 2 daughters so if it's terribly boring...blame them! Also I thought it may garner a little information from any of you out there who may be in the same situation I'm in. Any & all suggestions are welcome. But be nice!

We'll see how this goes. I would love to hear from all of you! But for now, I think this is a day to go see Rembrandt's house!! More later.....

4 comments:

  1. Nice work on the blog! I've loved your pictures, and I'm sure you'll have really great adventures to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dear! You were right, it is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! now you don't have to try to remember who you've told which stories!

    ReplyDelete