Thursday, December 1, 2011

quick update

My nephew Steven, me & Kelly


Just a quick update to let you all know where things are right now with me & my "situation". We were able to take a great trip to Huntsville, Alabama last week to see Ed's folks. Kelly & her boys went with us. We had such a wonderful time & the drive was awesome too. The boys did SO GOOD! They had plenty of video games & DVDs they could watch in the van we rented. It was a very comfortable drive. We stopped on the way down & the way home & let the boys swim & jacuzzi. Great relaxation!!


My treatment is going wonderful. I am on a daily chemo pill (cytoxan) & once every 3 weeks I have an infusion (IV treatment) of avastin. The avastin is supposed to choke off the blood supply to the tumor; essentially starving it out. The chemo works just as you'd expect chemo to. The best thing is that I have almost no side effects. No hair loss, fatigue, loss of appetite or nausea. So great. If I had more hair I'd never know that I was sick (which Dr Downs says "you're not sick"!) He also said I was sexy with my short hair & he loves it when women don't wear wigs. That's right up my alley; no wig! I'm feeling really good & keeping busy. I feel better when I'm busy & "keeping the wheels rolling"!!!

Ed & I went to a Gopher Game the end of October; what a beautiful day it was...and the Gophers actually won!!



Ed & I are leaving tomorrow for a trip to Amsterdam & Germany. He's going for business & I'm going for pleasure!! I hope to get to see some things in Amsterdam that I missed the first time around. Germany will be full of Christmas Markets & visiting friends. Looking forward to being away & relaxing with friends there.



So keep us in your prayers for safe travel & good health while we're away!! If I don't get back on here before, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!

Love to all!




No comments:

Post a Comment