Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finished!!!!!!!

Yep, my chemotherapy treatments are finished!!! I had my last treatment on Monday, August 8th & it went well. I was given extra nausea meds for this week because we suspected that my side effects may be worse. The decadron I was given has really done the trick. Regan's bachelorette part is this Friday night (the 12th) so I really wanted to feel as good as I can for that...wedding is the 19th!!! Family will be coming in next Wed-Thurs & we're very excited!

One more prayer request if you don't mind...I'll have a CT scan on August 29th & meet with Dr Downs on the 31st for the results. Pray for a clear CT scan. Whatever the outcome, I'm ready to deal with it. But of course, a clear scan is what we're praying for.

It feels so good to know that I'm just going to keep feeling better & better. Knowing that the nausea will keep getting less & less...who knows; hair may even start coming back in a few weeks!! The hair is the least of my concerns actually. Not having to worry about hair, humidity, curl, friz, straightening has really been very freeing. Strange feeling I know, but an honest one. I can be ready to go in 15-20 minutes; showered & makeup on & out the door! Amazing!!

Thank you ALL so much for all your prayers, thoughts & well-wishes as we've been on this journey; it's not over by any means so keep 'em coming!!!
Guess what season is coming up!!! Yay! Football!!!
Can't wait to see Owen & Myer play...Oliver wishes he was playing!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you, Sis!! Isn't God great?? He'll see you thru it on the 29th, too...not going to ever stop praying for you...Love you bunches!! See you next Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete