Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another "Spa Day"!!

I had another spa treatment this morning. It went just ducky!! Everything went wonderful. All my numbers were up quite high & that's really good; so I was able to take the dose of Taxol today. They pump me full of all these pre-meds (hey! I'm pre-med!!) for nausea & allergic reaction, etc thru my IV port in my collar bone area. So that takes a couple hours. Oh, before they'll do anything they draw blood from my IV port & send it to the lab to see if  I'm able to have the treatment. THEN...they hook me up with the IV port for hydration & all the pre-meds. They they access the port in my abdomen (IP Port) with the actual chemo drug called Taxol. This also takes about an hour to drip in by gravity. When that is done, they hook up saline to my IP port & I have to turn over from side to side every 15 minutes so all the meds get "sloshed" all over my abdomen. My daughter Kelly & youngest Grandson Oliver came & kept me company today. We got to watch "Land Before Time"! He thinks it just came out on DVD ( it is aa1988 movie!) When I'm done with all this, they remove the IP port but leave the IV port accessed so Ed can give me my 4 days of hydration here at home. He's become a regulas Florence Nightingale!! Because usually he's hooking me up to hydration in the middle of the night (for me anyway) before he goes to work about 5am!!!! Crazy man!!

I'm attaching some pictures, especially for my friend Tonya Goettle. She had this beautiful hat made for me before I ever had any chemo. She knew what was coming!! This is my absolute favorite hat & Ed says I look the cutest in this one. So here ya go Tonya!!! I'd love the ladies name that made it & maybe get a couple more!! Let me know what I need to do to get her info!!

Hope you all are having a great week. It's been very spring/summer like here the last 2-3 days. 60-70 degrees. Just killed me to have to sit in the infusion center at the U till about 2:30 today. It was a gorgeous day here!!! Be sure & let me hear from any & all of you if you're reading my blog. It's fun to keep up with you all this way. My daughter also has a blog that many of you may find interesting. Her's is http://www.havenofcolor.blogspot.com/. She is quite talented in everything she does from writing, to caring for my amazing 3 grandsons & 1 super son-in-law!!






 My absolutely favorite hat!! It feels great on my bald head & keeps me warm. I just pull it off if I need to cool down. Thanks Tonya! You're amazing to come thru at the exact perfect time!




Thanks again, Tonya!!!
Add caption




A friend, Michelle in Haarlem, The Netherlands sent this orange wig & sunglasses for Queens' Day next year. It is a huge celebration of the Queen's birthday & it is party center in Amsterdam!!! So I'm ready for next year!! Look out partyiers; I'm ready!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the hat & wig! And I have been reading your blog since you were going to Amsterdam, you should have been a writer! Have any stories published?

    Love ya Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda!

    I've been keeping up with the blog and just wanted to tell you how much I love you. I've been praying and will continue doing so! I'll be home soon and I cannot wait to give you the biggest hug ever!

    -Cady

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking great! :) I think about you all the time, especially when I'm visiting the sick and elderly with my dog Mikko (he's a therapy dog). If you want, I could try and get him in there to come and visit you during a treatment. Just let me know. Hang in there!

    If you get bored, I started a blog about Mikko's journey as a therapy dog.

    www.pitbulltherapy.blogspot.com

    ~Mandy~

    ReplyDelete