Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hello again!!

Me...au naturel!!!!
Hello Family & Friends!!
How are things in your corner of the world?! Hope all of you Moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day. I sure did. Started the day with church & even was able to go to Bible class this morning...mostly because my hubby was teaching the class. I received a Mother's Day gift from a wonderful friend & also a belated birthday preseng from another sweet friend. Then off to lunch at Enjoy China with the fam. More presents; peanuts & Pepsi (you southerners will understand that one), beautiful gold earrings & a gorgeous new scarf. We had a grand old time!!

Things have been amazing the last week or so. I've felt wonderful, have my appetite back & my energy has increased. We went to the cabin this past weekend & rode 4-wheelers all weekend. What a great time that was. Just me, Ed & our 3 grandsons. Those 4-wheelers were running the whole time we were there. Our oldest even learned how to work with the wench!

My next "spa treatments" are Wednesday & Thursday this week (May 11 & 12). Keep me in your thoughts & prayers. I'm actually looking forward to them. Just one more step in the process; one more step closer to DONE!!!

The other big "happening" this past week is; as you can see I lost all my hair. It had been coming out all last week & I was hoping it would last until today, Mother's Day. Well, no such luck! By Friday I looked like my Papaw Rowe! Just almost bald in the front/center/top of my head!!! So when Ed got home I had him shave it all off. It was a little emotional at first but then I realized how free I felt. I've never really liked my hair anyway & hopefully it will come back thick & straight...color, I could care less! So that is why I've included some pictures of myself in different styles of baldness so if you see me out anywhere in any of these "get-ups" you'll recognize me!!

Thanks for all the prayers, thoughts, cards, flowers & well wishes you have all showered me with over the past couple months. I couldn't have done this without you!! Stay tuned for more chemo chonicles!!!
Love ya all!


bandana shot

wig with present glasses

wig with frameless glasses

4 comments:

  1. so cute mama! so proud of you for putting yourself right out there!!! love you more than the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Rhonda. You are inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I have been feeling great & plan to after this treatment also. I really want to go to the cabin this weekend for some R & R with my hubby & ride 4-wheelers again. We'll see how this round treats me. Pray for minimal side effects & nausea. I'm loving my life & have no doubt whatsoever that God will bring me thru this; whole & healthy on the other side!

    Keep the prayers coming everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi beautiful... I like wig with frameless, but even more, I like the bald and the bandana. From where I'm looking, it shows off your character, grace , strength, and beauty the most. Sincerely.

    Still praying and sending love. One of these days we'll make it there for a visit and a real in-person squeeze. XO Michelle Trail

    ReplyDelete