Thursday, February 10, 2011

Museums, museums, museums......

Hey, I've had a pretty exciting couple of days since my last post. I've been just too busy & exhausted to post. So here goes...

I spent Tuesday walking my ___ off. Walked across town (almost) to go see the Westerkerk & it doesn't have tours till April. So I stopped into the Anne Frank House & bought my Museumkaart. This is basically a card you can buy that gets you into all the museums in Holland free & you get to skip the lines! So awesome!! So yesterday I spent the whole day at the Van Gogh museum. It was wonderful. No pictures were allowed inside the museum so I'm posting a few of my favorite paintings from my tour directory. It was so peaceful in there & the paintings so beautiful. You could walk right up to them & touch them (if guards weren't watching). So different from America. It was a wonderful day.  Today I went to the Hermitage Museum with a new friend that Vicki Hawley introduced me to via FB. Her name is Michelle & she homeschools her 4 children, who joined us at the museum. They had an exhibition on Alexander the Great so it was very interesting! I learned a few things about this amazing warrior. You should Google him; maybe you'll learn somethings too! (or maybe I should have paid more attention in World History!)
Vincent Van Gogh at the age of 19 in 1873

"The Yellow House" 1888

"Almond Blossom" 1890

"The Potato Eaters" 1885

"Wheatfields with Crows" 1890
Thought to be Van Gogh's last painting.
Entrance to the Van Gogh Museum.


Saw this on the way back to the apartment; this is the Dutch version of a "roach coach".


Cool little bridge near our apartment.

Ed has had people in town all week for training so we've had dinner out every night this week. Tonite (Thursday) I decided that I needed to stay in tonite. So it's a pjs, Dr Phil & a little wine...sound like a good idea?!
Not very clear but this is Nik outside the Bulldog Coffeehouse...yes, he stayed OUTSIDE the Bulldog!!
Way to go Nik!!
We are headed to London on Saturday morning for a few days. Our 36th anniversary is Monday, Valentine's Day so we'll be spending it in London!! Yippee!! (Be sure & remember your Sweeties!) I love London & hope to bring back a souvenier of the Royal Wedding!! I'll let ya know...stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the writing and pictures. It is almost like being there. And now I know why I didn't see Nik at the company lunch today.

    ReplyDelete